Now that most schools are back in session and many homeschoolers are diving into their curriculum, I thought it would be fun to create a Back to School scavenger hunt for young readers. Head to a store or bump around the internet (with adult supervision, of course) to search for the answers.
BACK TO SCHOOL SCAVENGER HUNT
- Find the largest box of tissues on the shelf. How many tissues are in the box?
- Locate the least expensive container of disinfectant wipes (like Lysol or Clorox). How many ounces (oz) does the container hold?
- What is the price of a 40 fl oz bottle of hand sanitizer?
- Name the colors of the rainbow. Are any of those colors missing from an 8-pack of Crayola markers? If so, which one?
- How much does a package of sharpened pencils cost? About how many unsharpened pencils can you get for around the same price?
- How many different colors of 1″ binders do you see on the shelf?
- Are there more composition books featuring Star Wars or puppies on the cover?
- How many different colors of pencil-top erasers are in a multipack?
- How many varieties of apples are available in the produce section of the store? Which is your favorite?
- Find the juice boxes with Dory on the package. How many juice boxes are in the package?
What did you think? I hope you had fun. I plan to post one fun activity a month. You may see a scavenger hunt, a game, a puzzle, a writing or drawing prompt, or creative challenge involving craft supplies or Legos. Want more? Check out the posts with the puzzles and games tag. I hope to award prizes for participation in future activities, so stay tuned. Please don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss next month’s challenge!